The Tourist Visa (subclass 676) is designed for people who are NOT on the ETA Eligible Country list, or people who wish to take a trip to Australia for longer than 3 months.
The Tourist Visa Allows You To Stay in Australia For:
- A stay of up to 12 months, or a shorter period, depending on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances.
- As a single or multiple entries to Australia.
Tourist Visa Holders Must Conduct Themselves According To The Following Rules:
- You must not work while in Australia [Note: Voluntary work may be permitted].
- You must not study for more than 3 months while in Australia.
Note:if you intend to study for longer than four weeks, you may be required to pass a health examination before starting your course. Some countries are exempt from this examination.
Your visa may be granted with a No further stay condition. If this is the case, you will not be granted any other visa (except for a Protection visa) while you remain in Australia. This condition may be waived in exceptional circumstances.
- The holder must depart within the validity of the Tourist Visa.