Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa is also a Permenent Resident Visa for Australian Immigration. The applicant has to be nominated by a particular state or territory before he receives invitaion to apply through skill select system (Expression of Interest- EOI).
The applicant has to meet the point test on the basis of Age, Skills, English Language and other requirements of relevant occupation.
The Skilled Nominated/Sponsored Visa Subclass 190 is permnent resident visa and the Nominee under this category has to stay or work for at least 2 years in the specified state which has nominated/sponsored him.
Applicants are awarded 5 addtional points for being nominated or sponsored by State/Territory Government
English Language: Minimum IELTS score should be 6 band in each module i.e. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
Nominated Occupation: Your nominated occupation must be in the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL)
Work Experince: Three years or more work experince in the relevant field
Skill Assessment: Must obtain positive skills assessment for the nominated occupation from the relevant skills assessment authority
State Nomination: Nominated by a state or territory to meet the skills shortage
(The occupation must be available in particular state at the time of aplication)
Note: The passing score for this visa sub class is 60.
Benefits of this visa:
- This visa allows applicant and his family unit to live as permanent residents in Australia.
- The depnedents can accopmany the principal applicant if they comply Australian Migration Law.
- Also, the principal applicant gets 5 points for being nominated by state government.
Australian permanent residents can:
- Live and work in Australia on permanent basis
- Study in Australia at school or university
- Receive subsidized healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- Eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)