This points-based visa is for those skilled workers who are Nominated by a State or Territory or Sponsored by an Eligible Relative living in a Designated Area in Australia. The applicant has to meet the point test on the basis of Age, Skills, English Language and other requirements of relevant occupation.
The Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa through the state is a provisional Visa only and is valid for four years and the eligible candidates must live and work in the Specified (Designated) Regional Area of Australia. It is mandatory requirement to further apply for a Permanent Residency.
The applicant is awarded10 points if sponsored by State/ Territory Government or 10 points if sponsored by an eligible relative currently living in a designated area.
This application must be lodged through skill select system (Expression of Interest-EOI)
English Language: Minimum IELTS score should be 6 band in each module i.e. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
Nominated Occupation: Your nominated occupation must be in the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL)
Work Experince: Three years or more work experince in the relevant field
Skill Assessment: Must obtain positive skills assessment for the nominated occupation from the relevant skills assessment authority
State Nomination: Nominated by a state or territory to meet the skills shortage or Sponsored by eligible relative living in the designated areas
Maintenance Funds: The applicants might be required to show sufficient maintenance funds to get sponsorship if applying for state or territory nominated regional visa
Note: The passing score for this visa sub class is 60.
- Temporarily live and work in a designated regional area
- Study in a specified regional area of Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia while the visa is valid
- Apply for permanent residence through the Skilled Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) after certain conditions have been met.
A sponsor must be at least 18 years of age who resides in Australia as one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an Eligible New Zealand citizen.
You or your partner must be related to your sponsor as:
- a child – including a stepchild, or
- a parent – including a step parent, or
- a brother or sister – including adoptive or step-sibling, or
- a niece or nephew – including adoptive or step-niece or nephew, or
- an aunt or uncle – including adoptive or step-aunt or uncle, or
- a grandparent or first cousin.
Your sponsor must be a resident in a designated area of Australia at the time of the sponsorship.