Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 is Permenent Resident Visa for Australian immigration. The applicant has to meet the point test on the basis of Age, Skills, English Language and other requirements of relevant occupation. This visa subclass must be lodged only through skill select system (Expression of Interest-EOI).
English Language: Minimum IELTS score should be 6 band in each module i.e. Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
Nominated Occupation: Your nominated occupation must be in the Skilled Occupations List (SOL)
Work Experince: Three years or more work experince in the relevant field
Skill Assessment: Must obtain positive skills assessment for the nominated occupation from the relevant skills assessment authority
Note: The passing score for this visa sub class is 60.
Benefits of this visa:
This visa allows applicant and his family unit to live as permanent residents in Australia.
Permanent visa will be evidenced in Pakistan before leaving for Australia.
Australian permanent residents can:
- Live and work in Australia on permanent basis
- Study in Australia at school or university
- Receive subsidized healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- Eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)